Race Priority: C
Race Execution: A
Time Rate Stats Notes
Run 1.1m 7:30.3 6:58/mi Link Targeted 7:00 min/mi, right on target
T1 43.8 Got through with no issues
Bike 15.5m 39:57.1 23.1mph Link Targeted 250 watts ave, did 246.
T2 49.6 Again, through without problems
Run 2.0M 15.06.9 7:07/mi Link Actually 2.1 miles. A good run for me.
- GU / water about 30 minutes before the race.
- Ironman Perform in my water bottle, 210 cals.
- What went well: Some of my most aggressive and best race pacing to date.
- What could have gone better: I can’t think of anything I’d change.
- What I learned: My coach suggested two key things for this race. The first was to hold back on the first mile. I was going to target 6:30, and she suggested mile one was more of a warmup. The second was an aggressive target of 250 watts on the bike. I was able to push more watts than I have ever done in a Tri, and still had legs to run.
PS… The Tri bike will end up being my wife / daughter’s bike… I had committed before the race if I had won it would go to them.